Tuesday 2 March 2010

Processing panos

This morning I spent quite a while trying to find out what two memorial things were that I'd taken photos of on Namsan. I couldn't find anything, and eventually gave up and just added what metadata I could to those and a few other images.

I started processing another pano and did some work for McRad on making a website for a church thing. First of all I was going to use Wordpress, but then after signing up I noticed that you could pay to upgrade to an 'ad-free' package (implying that normally you get ads shown on your blog, since I use ad-blocker I didn't realise Wordpress.com blogs have ads). I also found that there are only a limited number of themes available, a limited number of plugins available, and a limited number of widgets available.

After lunch I carried on looking at making this website for McRad.

There isn't a widget/plugin available with Google Calendar support for wordpress.com, though I did find a hack on how to get a Google Calendar widget in your sidebar on wordpress.com. However, since Blogger supports the proper Google Calendar widget instead of just formatting an RSS feed, and also I don't think there are any ads on Blogger unless you add them yourself, I decided to try Blogger instead.

So after setting up the blogger blog, I just added a few pages and one post with placeholder text, added the google calendar widget to the sidebar, and that was the website done.

After that I finished processing the pano, then started processing another one.

In the evening I watched a couple of episodes of The Office (US) with Mauser, then did more work on the pano. Because the pano was taken inside with windows that need the detail outside visible, and there were lots of people moving around in front of the windows, the masking job is quite difficult.

The weather started frosty, and was sunny with a few clouds around all day. There wasn't much of a sunset - the sun set behind a thin veil of cloud that gradually got thicker as the sun got nearer the horizon, the sun disappeared behind the cloud before it actually set.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Banana and Choco Puffs Cereal and Maple and Pecan Crunch Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Mature Cheddar Cheese with Mediterranean style Salad Sandwich; Apple; Clementine; ½ Eccles Cake; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Sausage Casserole; Potatoes; Carrots. Pudding was home-made Rice Pudding with Blackcurrant Jam and Spleenvap. Coffee; 3x pieces of Sainsbury's Caramel Chocolate.

No comments: