Friday 19 March 2010

Various

This morning I wrote yesterday's blog post, then checked if my image I'd uploaded to 360cities.net had been converted to sRGB, and it hadn't. I had to do this check by loading aRGB and sRGB versions of the image into DevalVR, and then moving to a similar view in the DevalVR images and the one on 360cities, and comparing them. There was a definite loss of red colour on a red brick building on the aRGB image, which was mirrored in the 360cities image, so obviously they're not converting aRGB images to sRGB.

I wrote a post on the 360 cities forum suggesting they convert images to sRGB, and also making some other suggestions and asking some questions.

I checked my email, which took most of the morning, then started writing a description for the pano I processed yesterday.

After lunch I moved the blue tit bird box, as in its current position the wind would be blowing through the entrance hole. The blue tits have already been in and out of the box quite a bit in its present location, so I checked there weren't any birds inside it before moving, and there weren't (and no nest either). Now it's in a better position, hopefully the blue tits will find it again and decide to nest there.

I wrote the description for the pano I'd processed yesterday, then added the description etc. for a pano I'd uploaded to 360cities yesterday.

I uploaded some more panos to 360cities and found out what some other photos were of, and added descriptions to them.

In the evening I watched an episode of The Equalizer, scanned in some pogs, and updated the pano descriptions etc. on the panos that I'd uploaded to 360 cities. I uploaded a photo to various photo sharing websites, and updated my faces made from food blog. I checked my email again and did a backup, then went to bed.

The weather was sunny most of the morning and quite a bit of the afternoon. It clouded over about 3pm, then rained in the evening.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Maple & Pecan Crunch Oat Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Posh Ham with Salad Sandwich; A couple of Cherry Tomatoes; Grapes; Clementine; Home-made Chocolate-Caramel centered Muffin; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Potatoes; Peas; Pickled Gherkin; Battered Fish Portion; Tartar Sauce; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was a Muller Fruit Corner and a Choc Chip Cookie. Coffee; 4x pieces of Sainsbury's Truffle Chocolate.

No comments: