Thursday 18 March 2010

Panoing

This morning I finished processing the farmers' dance photos I've been working on the last couple of days. I also sorted out a bank thing and vacuumed my bedroom.

After lunch I processed a couple more photos, then did some work on a pano.

Looking at my photo website for something, I found the 500px size images looked like they hadn't been converted to sRGB properly (the colours and tones were quite flat). Looking into this, I couldn't see anything wrong with my code. Comparing the website image with the original in Photoshop, and assigning (rather than converting) the one in Photoshop an sRGB profile, I found that the Photoshop one was now even more muted than the website one.

So it seemed the 500px website image's colours and tones weren't matching the original's, but the difference wasn't caused by the website image having been assigned an sRGB profile instead of converted to an sRGB profile. When I compared the 1024px image on the website with the original image resized in Photoshop to 1024px, they both looked the same (except for the sharpening that had been applied to the website image). Since the 500px image is just a resized version of the 1024px image, I don't know how the colours and tones could get changed.

I did a quick google to see if would possible to resize and POST images using Photoshop scripting, but it seems that it isn't.

In the evening I finished processing the pano, but couldn't write a description for it as the internet wasn't working very well. I played on Hero Klungo sssavesss teh universsse, and also helped Mauser try and find his rental DVDs. I tried to get the scanner working on my PC, but it wanted 64bit drivers (which aren't available). I tried in a virtual machine, but that didn't work either. I think that probably the device wouldn't be recognised by the VM if it can't be recognised by the host OS.

What else did I do today? Checked my spleenmail and went on the pinternet a bit.

The weather was overcast all day.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Maple & Pecan Crunch Oat Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Peppered Ham with Salad Sandwich; A couple of Cherry Tomatoes; Grapes; Banana; Slice of Angel Cake; Tesco Value Chocolate Caramel Wafer; Cup o' Tea; 3x Pieces of Saisbury's Caramel Truffle Chocolate.
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie; Peas; Carrots; Gravy; Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was a slice of Apple Pie with Cream and Custard. Coffee.

No comments: