Saturday 20 March 2010

Looking into Photoshop Scripting

This morning I looked into scripting with Adobe Photoshop. Using the Photoshop Scripting guide I managed to make a 'Hello World' script, but I couldn't find out how to make the script accessible from Adobe Bridge.

So I gave up trying to write my own Photoshop script (for the moment at least). While trying to find how to get my Photoshop script to be accessible from Bridge, I found the Image Processor Photoshop Script, which is accessible from Bridge. Trying it, I found that it could resize images based on the longest dimension, and also convert to sRGB. It didn't have an option for sharpening, but does have an option for running an action on each image, so it's just a case of recording a sharpening action.

So I tried this out, first using it to resize an image to 1024px, convert to sRGB, and apply a smart sharpen. Then I ran it again on the 1024px sized image, to resize it to 500px (with no extra sharpening). I then compared this image to the one on the website I was having trouble with, that looked like it hadn't been converted to sRGB properly as the colours and tones were a bit flat and muted. However, although the images were different, I wouldn't say that the resized in Photoshop image looked much different to the image on the website (which had been resized with ImageMagick).

I started making some Chelsea Buns with L, then it was lunch time. After lunch I finished making the Chelsea Buns with L, then watched some Russell Brown videos.

I uploaded some more photos to my website, which meant that the internet didn't work so I couldn't really do anything.

After dinner L was uploading a Barney McGrootube video, which meant the internet didn't work, so I couldn't do anything.

I started working on a pano, then worked on that for most of the evening.

The weather was overcast most of the day with occasional rain. It was sunny for a bit in the morning though.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry Jam Toast Snadwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Posh Ham with Salad Sandwich; ½ French Cheese Sandwich; Grapes; Clementine; Slice of Angel Cake; Cup o' Tea.
When Chelsea Buns were cooked snack: Chelsea Bun; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Mashed potato; Fried Onion; Baked Beans; 2x Sausages. Pudding was a Chelsea Bun. Coffee.
Supper: Chelsea Bun; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: