Saturday 13 December 2008

Ben won the fishing Tourney

This morning I checked hotukdeals and my email, then went on Animal for a bit because it was the finishing Tourney. Ben managed to get a 52.5" Pike so there wasn't much hope for me, but I kept fishing and just caught lots of seabass, which are more like 42".

Unfortunately Nook's was closed for refurbishment today, so I had to store all my fish that I caught in my house, so I can sell them to him when he re-opens. I picked up all my non-fish items and put them in my chest of drawers, which thankfully is massive and has room for 128 items. Then put all my fish in tanks on my floor.

After lunch I went on the pinternet a bit, then watched Sunshine with Mac. I went on the pinternet a bit more, went on Animal a bit more, then it was dinner time. After dinner I watched Lost with Mac and Ben, then I checked the canon lens forum on dpreview. SteB had said that he has a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW bag that he carries the MT-24EX in, so since I have the same bag I tried rearranging the dividers to try and fit the MT-24EX in. Ideally, I wanted to have the 450d with lens attached, MT-24EX with flash heads already attached to the ring, and D200 with lens attached all easily accessible from the side opening of the bag (where you open the bag when you swing it round to get your camera out). But I don't think this will be possible.

The bag that the MT-24EX comes in requires the flash heads to be seperated from the ring, so if using that (probably with a belt system) you would need to attach everything together, which could easily result in an insect disappearing while you're assembling it all.

After that I tried to see if I could get the SB800 to work in FP High Speed Sync mode with the 450d. Unfortunately, Auto FP High Speed Sync mode can't be set on the SB800, and must be set on the camera, so since I'm not using a compatible camera I can't do this. With the SB800 in SU-800 mode (any other flash will trigger it) I found the fastest shutter speed it would work at was 1/200s. Connected to the 450d with a PC sync cord, the fastest shutter speed it would work at was 1/320s, any faster and the bottom of the image would be black due to the way the shutter works.

After that I tried to find pictures of the flash shoes of old cameras that the SB800 is compatible with to see if the SB800 would work in flash shoes without the extra pin contacts, but all of them seemed to have the same flash shoe as modern cameras.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich; clementine; chocolate digestive biscuit bar; cup o' tea.
Afternoon snack: Cheese straw; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Leek & Pork delee sausages; mashed potato; spaghetti. Pudding was mince pie with cream. Coffee.

No comments: