Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas day

Got up this morning about 8.20am, had a shower etc, breakfast, and then vacuumed my room, which I had meant to do yesterday but didn't have time. After that I opened Ben's present, and Ben opened my present, which was a Kirby plushies.

Then we went to church in Naseby with Clare, where she was playing the organ. We were too late to go the Christmas day service at the Baptist Church in town (normal church didn't have a Christmas day service).

When we got back home Shaz opened her present from me, which was some perfume/smellies samples and a choice of either £20 or my LaCie BigDisk 320GB external hard drive. So she wanted to see the drive to see how big it was, but when I showed it to her I realised that it didn't have a USB connection, only firewire. So I looked at her laptop, and it had a mini firewire connection, but I didn't have a firewire - mini firewire cable, so I had to try and the hard drive box which I thought might have a cable in it.

I looked in all the boxes in the garage, and also the boxes in my room but couldn't find the box anywhere, so I gave up and asked Rad if he had a cable Shaz could use, then I could always buy a cable from ebay for a few quid if Shaz wanted the hard drive rather than £20. Rad did have a cable, so I gave that to Shaz for her to test the drive with.

Then I thought about looking in the loft, so I looked in the loft and after I'd looked in nearly every box up there I found a box that did have the LaCie drive box in it. Shaz ended up saying that she'd rather have the £20 as the Lacie Big disk external drive is just too big and heavy, but at least now I know where the box for it is.

After that I started doing some washing up, then we had dinner. After dinner I did more washing up, then we had pudding. After pudding we opened the present from Uncle Gez and Lian, which had loads of stuff in. Probably I like the sweetened fruit pieces best.

After dinner I sorted out my DVDs so they all fitted in the box I keep them in, and put back the other boxes in my room that I had got out to see if they had the LaCie hard drive box in them. Then I went on Animal Crossing until tea time. I gave Mac all the Jingle stuff he didn't have but I did have, and then sold any further duplicates I had to Nook, so I made about 100,000 bells from selling them. It was so much that I had to put some of money in a bag of 99,000 bells. Imagine if you plnted that as a bell tree! I put the money towards my mortgage, and now I only have about 150,000 left to pay off I think.

After tea me, Mac and Ben started watching The Dark Knight, then partway through we stopped and watched the new Wallace & Gromit on TV. Then we finished watching The Dark Knight.

The christmas presents I got were:
  • Cabury's selection stocking & a bag of white chocolate coins from Granny Santa
  • 2x bars Sainsbury's caramel chocolate from Ben
  • Bob Dylan boxset & £10 from Mac
  • Some socks and Collins Concise guide to UK moths from Clare
  • £5 from Grandad
  • £30 from Rad
  • The Digital Photography Book 2 by Scott Kelby from Shaz
  • Collins Complete British Insects from Trevor


The weather today was overcast all day again.

Food
Breakfast: Choc crunch oat cereal; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Petit Pois; Chicken; Gravy; stuffing; 4x small yorkshire puds; roast potatoes; roast parsnips; mashed potato; carrots. About ⅓ glass of red shloer. For pudding I had a bit of Christmas pud with custard and cream. Coffee.
Tea: Slice of roast beef with mustard and salad sandwich; prawn cocktail flavour pringles; small slice of Kirby cake; Cadbury's Strawberry mini roll; cup o' tea; Bailey's chocolate truffle.

No comments: