Thursday 11 December 2008

Went on a short walk with Ben

This morning went on hotukdeals, deviantart, dpreview canon lens forum, and checked my email. I did a bit of work on my website, then played on Animal for about an hour until lunchtime.

After lunch I did a bit more work on my website, then Clare said I should go out with Ben so he gets some exercise. We went out on a short walk, and I took my Canon 450d with 18-55mm IS lens and an SB800 flash to take some photos of Ben and see how the camera would cope, or if it was still front focusing badly when using AF. The pics didn't look too bad on the camera's little screen, but definately looked a bit soft when zoomed in. Ben even said it didn't look as good as my bigger camera (D200) after looking at one of the pics on the screen zoomed in a bit. Anyway, I haven't copied the pics to my comp and processed them yet, so when I do I'll have to see how they look then.

When we got back home I did some more work on my website until about 4.45pm and then I went on Animal until dinner time about 5.45pm. I paid off my 2nd mortgage! And caught a Pike! And Ben saw the bloke that goes down the river, but I didnae see him!

After dinner I did a bit more work on my website, then watched Lost with Ben & Mac. After that did a bit more work on my website. I didn't really get any work actually done on the website today, was just trying to get a query to work that inserts values if they don't exist, then returns the keys of the values (both existing values and inserted values). But it was quite difficult for me to get working. I was hoping to use a SELECT query with INSERT subqueries, but it didn't seem to like that no matter what I tried.

I checked hotukdeals and then read a review of the Macbook & Macbook Pro to see what type of screen/panel they have. It seems the Macbook has a TN-Film panel, while the Macbook Pro has an IPS panel, so much better for viewing angles and color accurate work.

The weather today was mainly overcast with a bit of sunshine. There wasn't really a sunset as the sun set behind the clouds.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich; Banana; ½ Scone with butter and raspberry jam; Chocolate digestive biscuit bar; cup o' tea; Roses.
Dinner: Breaded fish portion with tartare sauce and ground black pepper; potatoes; peas. Pudding was sponge cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.

No comments: