Tuesday 23 December 2008

Lowepro lens cases

This morning I checked my email, and then thewebsqueeze. After that I opened my website to do some work on it, I needed to change my scripts that used the table pages_percountryinfo, since I'd deleted this table and merged it into percountryinfo. So I used Dreamweaver to find all instances of pages_percountryinfo and then changed the code where applicable. But when I tested the site, it wasn't working properly.

Then the delivery of Lowepro Lens cases that I ordered yesterday afternoon arrived, so I opened that up and tested the cases to see which of my lenses would fit in what cases. Here are the results:

Lowepro Lens Case 1S fits:
  • Nikon 50mm/1.4D lens
  • Canon EF-S 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS lens
  • Tokina 10-17mm/3.5-4.5 DX fisheye lens (bit tight)
  • 68mm Kenko extension tubes
  • Kenko 2x TC


Lowepro Lens Case 1 fits:
  • Nikon 18-70mm/3.5-4.5G DX lens without hood (very tight fit with reversed hood and zoom will extend as you try and pull the lens out)
  • Tokina 10-17mm/3.5-4.5 DX fisheye lens
  • Canon MP-E 65mm/2.8 lens (very tight fit, not recommended)
  • And anything that fits in the Lowepro Lens Case 1S


Lowepro Lens Case 1W fits:
  • Nikon 18-70mm/3.5-4.5G DX lens with reversed or mounted hood or wide filters (my widest is 77mm) attached. Will also fit with Cokin P Filter holder attached, though not with any filters in the filter holder.
  • Canon MP-E 65mm/2.8 lens
  • EOS 450D camera with no lenses or anything attached
  • And anything that fits in the Lowepro Lens Case 1


Lowepro Lens Case 2S fits:
  • Canon 100mm/2.8 Macro without hood (I don't have the hood to test)
  • Nikon 70-300mm/4.5-5.6G VR (not recommended - lens is slightly higher than the pouch, making it hard to close)
  • And anything that fits in the Lowepro Lens Case 1W except the Cokin P filter holder


Lowepro Lens Case 3 fits:
  • Nikon 70-300mm/4.5-5.6G VR with reversed hood
  • And anything that fits in the Lowepro Lens Case 2S, including those lenses with the Cokin P filter holder mounted


After that I attached some of the lens cases to the Lowepro S&F Deluxe waistbelt to try it out. It seemed to work okay, though I needed to have the belt done up quite tight to stop it sagging away from my body where the heavy cases were attached. I also found that though the lens cases are pretty easy top open, they're more difficult to do up.

After lunch I did some work on my website.

After dinner I did some more work on my website, then from about 9pm until 11pm I played on Animal. There was a really big fish in the sea, even though it wasn't snowing or raining. The first time it nibbled it didn't bite, the second nibble it bit but was too quick so I didn't catch it. I saw it another time but pulled the line in before it bit properly.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature cheddar cheese sandwich; clementine; slice of blackforest gateaux; chocolate digestive biscuit bar; cup o' tea; 2x Bailey's chocolate truffles.
Dinner: Ham quiche; potato; corn on da cob; green beans; butter. For pudding I had half a Muller crunch corner - vanilla yoghurt with white and milk chocolate coated crispy balls - surprisingly nice. Coffee; Bailey's chocolate truffle.
Evening snack: Coffee; a couple of cadbury's dairy milk chocolate buttons.

No comments: