Tuesday 2 December 2008

Setting up someone's computer for them and checking hotukdeals & my email

This morning I checked hotukdeals and my email, then went round someone's house to set their computer up for them. I went there at 10am, but setting up the computer took a lot longer than I thought it would, windows update is so sloooow.

I got back home about 1pm and ate lunch. After lunch I checked my email and hotukdeals again. Then I checked deviantart, thewebsqueeze, and read a review of the Tamron 18-270mm VC lens on dpreview. I had an email from my webhost saying they were doing a special deal, where you can get double bandwidth and webspace if you upgrade your package to their latest scheme. So I upgraded my scheme, it costs hardly any more than my current scheme with them, and actually has more than twice the bandwidth and webspace than I currently have. When I upgraded I thought there wouldn't be anything to pay, but actually there was. I think probably the new scheme starts today (when I signed up) and I will be billed every 3 months from today, so they just took the 3 months payment amount, deducted how much I had left on my current scheme, and then charged me that amount. Either that or there's a one-off upgrade fee when you upgrade.

Photographyblog had sample pics from the Nikon D3X and the Canon 5DII but unfortunately their gallery of 5DII pics doesn't say what ISO the pics are at (so you have to click on an image, wait ages for it to download and then check the EXIF to find out). And their ISO 1600 D3x image has motion blur/camera shake so no good for evaluating image quality.

After dinner I started checking the canon lens forum on dpreview, then me, Mac and Ben watched Lost. I went on the canon lens forum on dpreview a bit more, then me and Mac watched IACGMOOH. I went on the canon lens forum on dpreview a bit more and then went to bed.

The weather today was overcast in the morning, then brightened up around lunch time. I wanted to go out a bit before sunset as the sky was looking quite nice with sunlight beaming through the gap between 2 clouds, but couldn't because I needed to stay in to look after granny and so someone would be in when Ben got back from school. There wasn't much of an actual sunset as the only cloud around was on the horizon in front of the sun, the sun just went behind it and then disappeared. After sunset there was a nice view of the crescent moon, Jupiter and Venus though.

Food
Breakfast: Blood orange marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese sandwich; banana; grapes; bits of gingerbread house; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Pasta twirls; nice tomato pasta sauce stuff; Deep fried battered chicken drumsticks. For pudding I had a Fox's triple. Coffee; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.

No comments: