Saturday 27 December 2008

Watching stuff with Mac

This morning I went on Animal then did a bit of work on my website. I wanted to make it so if you tried to access a page that didn't exist in the database, then you'd get a 404 error, but although I could get PHP to generate a 404 response code, it didn't load up the normal 404 error page. I spent quite a bit of time trying to do this, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

Later in the morning and part of the afternoon I watched Storm over Asia with Mac. It was kind of a Soviet propoganda film, showing how evil the capitalist British were and how stupid religion (in this case Buddhism) is. But the propoganda elements of the film weren't particularly overbearing, though I did feel they detracted from the film somewhat. The plot was also a bit stupid in a couple of places, but the film had nice cinematography and its plot generally made sense. The landscape they filmed in was nice as well, maybe the gobi desert, very desolate.

Later in the afternoon I watched another Blues documentary with Mac. After dinner I watched Lost with Mac and Ben, then we went on Animal and saw KK.

After that I went on my comp again and someone had replied on thewebsqueeze to my question about doing a 404 redirect in PHP, turns out the solution was quite simple, just output the 404 headers, set $_SERVER['REDIRECT_STATUS'] = 404; and then include() the error document.

The weather today was sunny with mist and frost early in the morning, but by about 10am was overcast and stayed that way the rest of the day.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Elevenses: Triple chocolate cookie; coffee.
Twelveses: Pecan and Maple cookie; coffee.
Lunch: Edam cheese sandwich; clementine; piece of Tiramisu; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Lasagne; mixed veg; ground black pepper. Pudding was 1½ pancakes with fresh squeezed lemon juice and sugar.

No comments: