Thursday 26 February 2009

Annoying stuff (Deena) and Good stuff (Lost)

I didn't get much sleep last night, I didn't get to sleep until after 12am, then woke up at 4.30am and it took me a while to get back to sleep again, then I got up at 7am.

In the morning I did a little bit of work on my website, just changing the text on the index page really. I then checked a couple more websites to see what anti-spam measures they had in place:


Again, both sites don't seem to have any spam prevention methods. I wrote up a post about spam prevention in website forms / email address available on websites and whether it was necessary since major sites don't seem to use any spam prevention methods (I guess they just use the spam filters on their email).

Then after that I started vectoring a picture of pogman slamming pogs.

After lunch I finished off vectoring the pogman image, then modified my site logo to use the new hand traced image I'd just done instead of the old one, which was done using Illustrator's live trace and live paint functions. I uploaded the new image to my site and modified the index text a bit more.

About 2.30pm Uncle Gez left to go back to the Philippines.

I checked my email and the websqueeze, and looked for domain names that I could use for my photography website that I want to get done ASAP. Then I went on Animal about 4pm.

I was extremely disappointed, annoyed and angry that Deena was walking around, and not only was she alive and well, she was happily singing a song! She didn't even say anything about her cold. So it seems she just magically got better and doesn't even remember being ill. What on cheese-earth?!?!

After that I took one of Clare's plants to take some photos of the flowers.

After dinner I watched some more of the Indian film with Mac and Ben that we were watching yesterday, then we stopped watching that and watched Lost s05e07, so Ben could see it before he had to go to bed. It was ultimate as usual. One of the good points is it has Matthew Abadon in it, but unfortunately he gets killed. Well, he gets shot at least. I'm hoping he's not really dead and will appear again before Lost finishes (or at least appear in some flashbacks).

After that I took some more photos of Clares flowers. I don't think they're that good really (my photos that is), hopefully I can try and take some better ones tomorrow. I was looking for examples of good floral photography, and found this site, which I think has great photos: Andy Small Fine Art Photography.

The weather was overcast all day, though the cloud thinned out slightly around sunset letting a bit of sun through.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit maramalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese on toast; salad; clementine; banana; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Beef burger with salad and Piccililli (we don't have any Tom Ketch at the mo') in bun; ¼ Beef burger in ¼ bun; Fake cup a soup. Pudding was a slice of Ben's Birthday cake from yesterday with squirty cream. Coffee.

No comments: