Monday 16 February 2009

Websiting

Today I just worked on my website. I was mainly just working on error message handling, changing the forms action to '#msg', where #msg was a named anchor at the top of the error/success message box. I also changed the javascript form checking functions so that they would add links to the errors, so when you click on the error message it will focus on the element where the error occured.

I did have trouble with it though, the only way I could get the link to focus on the correct item when clicked was to specify the exact element to focus on. So when looping through form elements I couldn't make the link work since I had no way of specifying the exact element. I could pass it something like el[i], but of course when you click on the element to run the function, el[i] (if it even exists) no longer refers to the same element it did when you were setting the function.

The weather today was overcast all day.

Food
Breakfast: Chocolate crunch oat cereal; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Tiger roll; ½ breaded ham sandwich; 2x clementines; slice of Madeira cake; mint penguine style biscuit; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Slice of ham quiche; mashed potato; baked beans; mixed veg. Pudding was 2x American style chocolate brownie cookies.

No comments: