Wednesday 25 February 2009

Websiting

Today I was mainly working on my website.

In the process of working on my site I read a few articles that were useful:
Securing log in and 'Remember Me' option using cookies in PHP
Creating Scalable Websites (Mainly focusing on scaling databases)
Split a string in MySQL (I decided to just split the string in PHP in the end).

Also, thanks to Christopher over at the web squeeze I managed to solve my problem with my local web environment rewriting urls even when mod_rewrite wasn't on. The answer was that in my site config as one of the Options I had Multiviews enabled. Multiviews means that if a directory doesn't exist, Apache will look for files with the same name and serve up the file that best matches the browser's request.

I also went on Animal, checked my email and the websqueeze a couple of times, and watched a bit of an Indian film with Mac and Ben.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Smoked ham with salad sandwich; clementine; slice of cherry Genoa cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken nuggets; peas; lemon couscous. Pudding was a big slice of Ben's chocolate Birthday cake that Clare made with squirty cream. Coffee.
Supper: Coffee; Oreo.

No comments: