Saturday 28 February 2009

Taking photos of dead flowers

This morning I took some more flower photos (of dead/dry flowers). Then this afternoon I took more flower photos. I mainly used long exposures and light painting with a small torch as I thought this gave nicer results than flash. I also got what I think is quite a nice image by putting my face in front of the camera near the end of the exposure, and this gave the image a nice warm pinkish hue.

I found that I liked the images with coloured backgrounds. However, I didn't have many coloured backgrounds big enough to go behind the larger flowers like tulips. I tried clothespegging 2 pieces of A3 coloured sugar paper together, but you could clearly see the line where they overlapped each other. I also tried hanging up my yellow plastic poncho/kagool, but you could see the lines where it had been folded, even when I opened up the lens aperture relatively wide. So I went on ebay and bought 4 coloured bed sheets for about £16 including postage. Hopefully they will make good backgrounds, though I expect I'll have to iron the fold marks out of them before I can use them.

After dinner I read some threads on the canon lens forum on dpreview, then I went on Animal Crossing for a bit and saw K.K. After that I tidied my room a bit and vaccumed it (there were lots of small dead leaves and petals on the floor).

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: ½ Red Leicester Cheese with sweet crunchy salad sandwich made with Fresh Bread-maker-made bread; Honey sandwich made with Fresh Bread-maker-made bread; banana; ½ slice of home-made fruit flapjack; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Swede; Broccoli; Gravy; Toad-in-the-hole; potato; mustard. Pudding was an American style chocolate brownie cookie. Coffee.

No comments: