Sunday 8 February 2009

Granny bes Ill and I process photos and go on the pinternet and watch a film

This morning I went on Animal quickly and bought a red tunrip seed from Sow Joan. I dug up my current red turnip and sold it to Nook for 16,000 bells.

Me, Mac and Ben didn't go to Church today, but stayed in and 'looked after granny'. We didn't really as she was just in bed so you couldn't really look after her, though I did ask if she wanted a drink a couple of times and got her a cup of tea.

While we weren't at church I finished processing the photos from yesterday.

At dinner time a paramedic came to see Granny since she wasn't very well.

After dinner I went on the pinternet. I checked The Luminous Landscape, Andy Rouse's blog, Moose Peterson's blog, deviant art, red bubble, my email, dpreview, and also read a couple of threads over at Juza's forums about macro photography.

Then I searched the pinternet to see if I could find any alternatives to the Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging #FP211 - Diffusion Filter Pack - 12x12" (30x30cm). The cheapest price I have found for the Manfrotto Diffusion pack is about £33 from MPEX ($22 + $26 shipping).
I found LxStore, who sell large sheets of diffusion Gels for £3.80 each.
Then there's Sabre International, who sell whole rolls of diffusion filter gels for £4.95 + VAT each. You could probably make some money buying rolls from them, then cutting them into smaller pieces and selling them on ebay or through a website like flashgels.co.uk.
There's a seller on ebay who sells 10 sheets of Lee Filters (you choose what sheets you want) for about £29 including postage, so I think I'll buy from them.

After tea an ambulance came to take Granny away to hospital. Clare also showed me how to use the washing machine and tumble drier as she's going away for a few todays tomorrow and wants me to do some washing while she's away.

Then I watched The Bourne Identity with Mac and Ben. I've seen it before, but on rewatching I noticed the main woman is Lola from 'Run, Lola Run', and the Nigerian (or whatever nationality he's meant to be) bloke is Mr Eko from Lost. I thought the boss of the department trying to kill Bourne should have been Michael Douglas though. Oh, it also had the bloke who comes in to do training in the UK Office episode where David Brent plays the guitar and sings skill songs (Mac noticed that one).

Me and Phyllis grab a coffee together

Surprised
Then I played on Animal a bit more.

Awww....
Unfortunately Phyllis didn't want to go on a date with me.

Sorry, can I hit you with a net instead?

Golden Slingshot
I managed to see a golden slingshot, held up by 3 golden balloons. So I shot it down and got it. It fires three stones at once. Seems a bit pointchee, but oh well.

The weather today was slightly sunny in the morning (well cloudy, but thin enough for the sun to shine through). Then it was overcast the rest of the day. In the evening at about 7pm until 8pm it snowed quite heavily, but although it settled at first, it didn't seem to build up at all. Annoying, I like snow! There's still some on the road at the moment, but it looks like most of the snow on the car (apart from on the windows) has melted.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala; rice; mixed veg; poppadom. Pudding was Kiwi fruit with strawberry whip. Coffee.
Tea: Bag of smokey bacon flavour crisps; ½ cheddar cheese sandwich; ½ honey sandwich; banana; chocolate digestive biscuit bar; slice of Cherry Genoa cake; cup o' tea.

No comments: