Tuesday 3 February 2009

Not doing much

This morning I played on Animal for a bit, then I was trying to make it so that I could edit EXIF data in photos in Ubuntu. I found this program called Sagittarius, which is a GUI for Exiftool, however Sagittarius only seems to edit IPTC data rather than EXIF.

I didn't find any programs to do what I want, so I think I'll have to edit the Exif in Windows using ExifToolGUI. I did find an article about how you can use Exiftool to export metadata from photos and then import it into MySQL, which might be useful for future reference.

I was googling to see if it would be possible to style checkboxes without using javascript. Seems it's not, but I did come across this nice custom select box script, which I think is better than the fancy forms one I posted the other day.

Trying to make a snowman with a small body and massive head

Trying to block the museum

Big snowman by the museum
After dinner I played on Animal a bit more, then I checked my spleenmail. I tried to do some more work on my website but got stuck with a float problem in IE that I couldn't fix. After much googling and changing CSS values I posted to the websqueeze in hope that someone there could help me.

For the rest of the afternoon I read stuff on the internet about macro photography and looked at geared and fluid tripod heads. It seems for stacking macro images you need a geared head. Unfortunately the cheapest one I have seen is the Manfrotto 401 Junior Geared head, which is about £130. I hope one comes on ebay at a reasonable price.

I read this interesting article about how you can get video using any Canon SLR with liveview. There's a nice example video on Flickr of video shot with the 40d.

After dinner I watched Mac play on Excite truck for a bit on one player, and he unlocked a new truck and a Nebula track. Then me, Mac and Ben played Excite truck 2 player for a while.

Then I did some work on my website trying to make a custom checkbox.

Snowman whose head slipped during the night
Mac had to go to work today but Ben got the day off school due to the snow.

The weather today was nice clear blue sky in the morning, then got cloudy in the afternoon and ended the day overcast.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; apple; home-made rock cake; Caramel Wacko bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: ½ piece southern fried chicken; ½ piece cracked black pepper chicken; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was jam swiss roll with tinned pear half and custard. Coffee.
Evening snack: Coffee; dried mango pieces.

No comments: