Friday 20 February 2009

Granny's funeral

This morning we went to Granny's funeral, and I had to drive Ben and Mac home because Mac said he couldn't drive because his shoes were too big. I haven't driven for about a year and when I got in the car I couldn't even remember what way round the pedals were. Thankfully God protected me and we got home okay. Shaz Mat-ee-az's boyfriend came up (from Sussex) this morning to come to the funeral as well. He must have got up really early since he arrived here about 9.15am.

There were probably about 15 other people at the funeral, and they were all Church regulars. After the service there were some biscuits and tea/coffee.

After we got home I looked through the focus stacks of my dead moth's body that I took yesterday when I was testing my Chinese ebay focusing rail. All the different methods looked pretty similar, and I couldn't really see any artifacts produced by the stacking process either.


After lunch I played on Animal Crossing for a bit, then I checked my spleenmail. After that I tested my YongNuo SC-27a TTL flash cable that I bought off ebay. Unfortunately it didn't work with the flash in TTL mode, and the flash would always fire on full power, like it does when in TTL mode and connected via PC sync cord. I did some googling and found this thread about connecting 2 SB-800s via sync cord, where someone says
the SB-800 manual also states that 'multiple TTL flash using cords is not possible on digital cameras' P72.


The mir.com Additional information relating to Nikon SB800 AF-TTL Speedlight- Part V page also says:
With cameras compatible with CLS and digital SLRs not compatible with CLS, Manual flash operation only is possible.


So it seems I've wasted my money on this SC-27 cord. I wanted it so I could use it on the SB800s in my fisheye portrait setup in TTL (and also use FPsync to shoot at over 1/250s), but I guess I'll have to continue using the off-camera SB-800 in Manual mode.

After testing that I packed all my camera stuff away, and then washed out the container the moth had been living in.

I made dinner, then after dinner I checked my spleenmail again. After that I watched an episode of 'The Blues' with Mac, then went on Animal, and FOUND MR RESETTI'S RESET CENTRE!!!! He gave me a silver spade, but there wasn't really anything else you do there. I had already got my bell rock today, so looking forward to trying out the silver spade on a bell rock tomorrow.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
After funeral snack: Chocolate digestive; cup o' tea; Weird fairtrade corn snack things (like slightly salted monster munch).
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; clementine; ½ plain scone with Utterly butterly and raspberry jam; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Quarter pounder burger in bun with baby leaf salad, grated cheese and tomato ketchup; ½ bun. For pudding I had a slice of chocolate sponge sandwich cake. Coffee with Dooleys in it; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.

No comments: