Monday 23 February 2009

Festivale

This morning I checked my email and the web squeeze, then I did some more work trying (and failing) to find out why my localhost was re-rewriting urls even though I wasn't telling it to.

After that I went on Animal Crossing for a bit, and it was Festivale. I was wearing my grape hat and grape shirt and small sunglasses (as I have been for the last few days), and the Animals all seemed to love it today and gave me a piece of yellow candy when I first saw them.

After lunch I did some work on panachallengetest and checked my email again, then about 3.30pm until dinner time I played on Animal Crossing more, trying to get different coloured candies to give to Pave, the dancing peacock, who would give you Pave furniture in exchange for 3 of a specific colour of candy.

When doing some work on the website I tried opening a .cgi file just to see what it was, but got an error message saying it was a binary file. I googled to see how you can open them, and it seems that while you can open them, they won't make any sense. A good article is Ascii vs. Binary files.

I also saw that one of the tickets said about implementing geotagging, and using the geo microformat. I hadn't heard about the geo microformat, so I looked it up and it sounds quite good and easy to write: Geo (microformat).

Another link I'd like to post here is for a Linux equivalent of Peerguardian, called Moblock. I haven't installed it as it sounds like it's not as easy to use as Peerguardian though.

After dinner I watched Ben play on Animal for a bit, and I finished off the ticket I was working on on panachallengetest. Then I went on Animal for the rest of the evening. I got most Pave items quite a few times, but never got the Pave lamp. Ben has it though, he said he didn't want to swap it with me, but I got a 1-up mushroom, so I'm hoping he'll swap it with that since he's collecting Mario stuff.

The weather today was overcast all day except for about 30 minutes in the late morning when the sun came out for a bit.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Farmy cheddar cheese with salad sandwich; clementine; slice of cherry genoa cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti; creamy sauce; bacon; parmesan style cheese (actually called parmegrannio or sumat); black pepper. Pudding was a slice of Lemon Meringue - yummyy. Coffee; Oreo.

No comments: