Sunday 22 February 2009

Websiting, internetting and Animaling

Went on Animal Crossing this morning and bought a red turnip seed. Also sold my red turnip that I planted last week. After church I cannae remember what I did, then we had dinner.

After dinner I watched Ben play on Animal for a bit, then I played on it and bought a High end stereo off one of the Animals. It was Flea Market day, and the Animals sell their possessions at a good discount to Nook (the items cost a bit more than Nook would buy them from you for, so probably ⅓ of the normal Nook's price). If you had full pockets or no money the Animals would just say that they didn't want to sell any of their stuff, rather than saying that you didn't have any room or money.

I also found that the Animals were charging different prices for the same things (there were 2 Animals with a High end stereo for sale), though the difference wasn't much.

For the rest of the afternoon I did a bit more work on my website. I bid on a Sigma 300-300mm/5.6 lens on ebay. It went up to £1,716.00, which was about my maximum bid (actually the maximum I wanted to pay really was £1,500, but I bid a bit more to try and avoid getting outbid by a relatively small amount). Unfortunately this didn't meet the seller's reserve price. I'm kind of hoping they'll offer me the lens at the top bid. Considering that the Sigma 300-300mm/5.6 is/was about £3000 new from Digitial Rev on ebay with no tax, and that a couple of Canon 500mm/4 IS lenses have been sold for about £2400, a reserve price of £2,000 for the lens (I'm guessing this is what they set the Reserve price at) seems unrealistic to me.

In the evening I watched an episode of 'Nature's Great Events', which was about Pacific Salmon. After tea I watched Lost s05e06 with Mac and Ben again.

After that I checked Andy Rouse's blog, Moose Peterson's blog, and the canon lens forum on dpreview.

Food
Breakfast: Pink grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Chilli con carne; rice; tortilla chips; grated cheese. Pudding was a slice of cherry genoa cake. Coffee; 2x Oreos.
Tea: Seriously Strong Farmy cheddar cheese with baby leaf salad sandwich; most of a packet of Roast Chicken flavour crisps; ⅔ banana; a few white grapes; Sainsbury's Chocolate Jaffa Bar (bit like a Rocky); cup o' tea.
Supper: Sainsbury's caramel chocolate; cup o' tea; Fairtrade double choc chip cookie.

No comments: