Thursday 29 January 2009

Getting annoyed by Internet Explorer and CSS

This morning I went on Animal for about an hour, then the rest of the day I was working on my website, getting annoyed by different browser (mainly IE) css problems. Remiz has written a nice behaviour for IE that mimics curved corners by using a roundrect VML shape. However, it didn't work for me when I had one curved border inside another curved border, and didn't work in IE8 at all. I also tried writing my own behaviour to do the same thing, but it didn't work. For some reason the shape was always only a couple of pixels big, no matter what size I set for it.

In the evening I also played Excite truck with Mac and Ben a bit and watched the latest episodes of Lost and Flight Of The Conchords.

The weather today was misty and overcast in the morning, then by lunchtime it was just cloudy, and by about 3pm the sun had come out. Then it clouded over again, but a thin cloud that the sun could shine through. There was a bit of a sunset, but not much really.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and salad sandwich; banana; chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Slice of Pepperoni pizza; slice of cheese & tomato pizza; peas; potato. Pudding was 2x American style chocolate brownie cookies. Coffee.

No comments: