Sunday 18 January 2009

SVGs and browser compatibility

This morning I went on Animal and bought 40 white turnips and 1 red turnip seed from Sow Joan. I also got a letter from the HRA to say my rating was over 100,000, (must be due to completing the snowman collection) and they sent me another house model.

After that I watched Ben and Mac go on Animal, then we went to church, which was a Churches Together Service at the Church of England Church in the middle of town. When we got there the downstairs was totally full, so we sat upstairs. They had a proper choir and you had to sing some prayers in a Gregorian chant style.

When we got home I checked Deviantart, Luminous Landscape, Andy Rouse's blog, and Moose News Blog, then it was dinner. After dinner me, Mac and Ben watched Lost, then I finished reading Moose News Blog, read a bit of the dpreview canon lens forum, and checked Flickr.

I did a little bit of work to see if you can use svgs with an opacity gradient in web pages, and have the text in them increase in size when zooming text. Then we had a hot cross bun, then I watched another episode of Lost with Mac and Ben.

I did a bit more work on the svg problem, then played on Excite truck a bit with Mac and Ben. I did some more work on the svg problem, then we had tea.

After tea I spent the the rest of the evening looking into whether you can use svgs with an opacity gradient in web pages, and have the text in them increase in size when zooming text. The answer seems to be that it will work in Firefox and Opera, but not in webkit browsers (I tried Safari and Chrome). SVGs won't work in IE, but IE has its own version of SVG. I didn't try converting an SVG to the MS format, maybe I will try that tomorrow.

Food
Breakfast: Blackcurrant jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
After church snack: Deutsche biscuit; coffee.
Dinner: Chilli con carne; rice; Tortilla chips; grated cheese. Pudding was small cherry bakewell tart with custard. Coffee; Oreo; Crunchie; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Afternoon snack: Hot cross bun with butter; cup o' tea.
Tea: Delee sausage with mayonnaise and crunchy salad sandwich; clementine; slice of iced lemon madeira layer cake; cup o' tea.

No comments: