Saturday 3 January 2009

Trying to get a decent resolution in Ubuntu

This morning I did a bit of work on my website.

In the afternoon I went on Animal for quite a while and paid off my mortgage again, so I think I get a basement now.

In the evening I tried to get Ubuntu to work in a higher resolution, but couldn't do it. I think the problem is due to it running in a virtual machine in Microsoft virtualPC97, so the monitor is running at the resolution and refresh rate set in Vista, rather than Ubuntu, and if the 2 conflict then Ubuntu looks messed up.

The process of setting up the resolutions in Ubuntu also seems rather complicated (at least to someone with no virtually no Linux knowledge like me). And is further compunded by monitor giving me different details to what windows has the resolution set at.

The weather today was overcast all day.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Elevenses: Chocolate cream biscuit; coffee.
Lunch: Sliced pickled beetroot sandwich; packet of Chilli flavour Doritos; grapes; slice of chocolate swiss roll; chocolate waver bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Lasagne; potato; green beans. Pudding was a slice of Mint Vienetta.
Supper: Chocolate cream biscuit; cup o' tea.

No comments: