Thursday 15 January 2009

various

This morning I checked what files I could access using php includes, and found that I could access files within the user's folder (and owned by the user) both with permissions of 622 and 620. I could access files in a different user's folder (and owned by a different user) with permissions of 622, but couldn't access their file with permission of 620.

The apache directory directives only seem to affect to what you can access via your browser e.g. a directory with deny from all could be accessed by a php script, but you wouldn't be able to access html files or images stored in it from the browser.

After lunch I went on Animal for a bit and Nook actually had a decent price for turnips (about 146 bells ea., I bought them at about 108 bells ea.). Then I did some more work on my website, and I now have it running on Ubuntu. I had a problem with Konqueror opening loads of windows saying about loading a Kwallet Daemon, one window for every image on the page. So I did some googling and deleted the kwallet file, and it seems to be working okay now.

I also saw that Apache had an error saying that you can't use SSL with named virtual hosts, but after doing some googling I read that actually SSL does work with named virtual hosts, just it's not supported properly. I tried connecting to my 2 virtualhosts using https, and both of them resolved to the correct directory, so I think that SSL does work with named virtualhosts. The other alternative it seems would be to use mod_gnutls.

After dinner I watched an episode of The Equalizer, then watched Lost with Mac and Ben. After that I watched a bit of The Wizard Of Oz with Mac. Then I tried to install OSX86 on VMWare, but didn't have much luck.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine Marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Bag of The Real McCoy's Ham and Mustard flavoured crisps; Smoked Cured Roasted Peppered ham sandwich; clementine; slice of madeira cake; chocolate wafer biscuit; cup o' tea; Sainsbury's caramel chocolate.
Dinner: Shepherd's pie; broccoli; carrots. Pudding was 2x American style chocolate brownie cookies. Coffee.
Supper: 2x German Biscuits; cup o' tea.

No comments: