Thursday 1 January 2009

Looking at stuff for sale & watching Lost

The weather today was overcast all day.

This morning I looked at stuff on deal extreme, and played Goldeneye with Mac, Luke and Ben. In the afternoon I checked my email and deviantart. I read this thread and watched the videos about making a DIY ring flash.

In the evening I watched Lost with Mac, Luke and Ben. Then after Ben went to bed I looked for the parts needed for the ringflash. The nearest thing I could find to the clamp light reflector at a reasonable price was this. There seemed to be a couple of places selling vent reducers, here (plastic) and here (galvanised steel). Although they use a stainless steel vent reducer in their project, I think a plastic one would work just as well since they cover it in reflective tape anyway. You might also be able to use a bowl covered in silver paint or foil rather than the lamp reflector as well.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; clementine; grapes; Chocolate waver bar; cup o' tea; Bailey's chocolate truffle.
Dinner: Slice of pepperoni pizza; peas; chips; potato wedges. Pudding was Christmas pud with custard. Coffee.
Supper: Malted milk cream (like a custard cream but with malted milks); cup o' tea.

No comments: