Thursday 8 January 2009

Writing yesterday's blog entry

Before I was going to bed last night I looked at my pet moth, and it was drinking some of the honey, which I thought was good. It seemed to have its front legs in the honey though, so I hope it doesn't get too sticky. It wasn't stuck in the honey this morning.

This morning I backed up all my stuff, and then wrote yesterday's blog entry since I forgot to do it yesterday. I have to say again how impressed I am with Synkron's sync all feature, I got the backups done pretty quickly. Writing the blog entry somehow took nearly all morning though.

I started checking my email, had lunch, then finished checking my email. My 2 comics that I ordered from the Federal Reserve ('Once Upon A Dime' and 'A Penny Saved') arrived, so I read them. Funny how the US Federal Reserve will post them to someone in the the UK for free.

After that I tried to get copy/paste working between Vista and Ubuntu. After much messing about, googling, reading and re-installing, I found that all I needed to do was to add /usr/bin/vmware-user to autostart in System > Preferences > Sessions. (I had already installed VMWare tools before).

Then I tried to get suPHP working how I wanted. After dinner I carried on trying to get suPHP working how I wanted, but couldn't, so I sent a message to the suPHP mailing list to see if anyone could help me. Then I watched Lost with Mac and Ben. After that I checked the websqueeze. Someone had asked about how to enable SSL3, so I tried to look into that, which involved setting up SSL for apache in Ubuntu since it wasn't enabled before. These tutorials were helpful: Install and Configure Apache2 with PHP5 and SSL Support in Debian Etch and How to Enable SSL version 3 and TLS (Transport Layer Security) version 1 in Apache hosts.

Food
Breakfast: Grapefruit marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x cheese on toasts; mandarin; piece of slightly garlic flavoured flapjack; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Toad in the hole; carotts; potato; gravy; mustard. Pudding was fruit salad. Coffee; A couple of pieces of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Turkish.

No comments: