Friday 9 January 2009

Went on a walk and trying to get Illustrator to import a Photoshop file

This morning I checked my email and tried to see if I could disable SSLv3 at the localhost level, but then enable it at the .htaccess level, but I couldn't.

My pet moth had gone to sleep in the milk lid with honey in it, and had got a bit of honey on itself, so I took it out and tried to take some more photos of it, and it had honey on its eyes!

After lunch I did a bit of work on my website design (photoshop mockup), then I went out on a walk with Rad. I took my Lowepro S&F Deluxe belt with the 65AW, Lens Case 1, Lens Case 1S, and Lens Case 3 attached along with the D200 & 18-70mm, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, 50mm/1.4 and 70-300VR lenses. I also wore the Slingshot 300AW bag, since I needed to carry the gps, rocket blower and lens pen as well, and didn't have any more cases on the belt to fit them in. Wearing the bag and belt was fine, since the bag was virtually empty I could hardly tell it was there. The belt was quite heavy though, particularly due to the 70-300VR lens and the D200 when I stored it in the 65AW. The 65AW was also quite difficult to close.

Changing lenses was certainly a lot easier and quicker than without the pouches, though still not quick enough to keep up with Rad. I don't think it would be possible to change lenses any faster though. Next time I will try just the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, 50mm/1.4, and a case for the 18-70mm (when using a different lens) on the belt, and then the D200 with whatever lens is attached to it and the 70-300VR in the Slingshot bag.

A couple of other ideas for carrying I had was a fishing vest, and just put the lenses in the pockets. Probably would need the Slingshot bag as well for holding the camera and 70-300VR lens. Or my other idea was the Slingshot 300AW bag with all the internal dividers removed and the lens cases (with lenses) inside the bag.

After the walk I rearranged the bags on the Lowepro belt and went on the pinternet a bit.

After dinner I took my pet moth into Maccy's room, but then he scared it and it flew on the ceiling so I had to catch it in an old coffee jar and then put it back in its tank. Then me, Mac and Ben watched Lost and then Planet Earth: Grass. We also watched some weird youtube videos.

After that I tried to import my website photoshop mockup into Illustrator, but it said that Version Cue didn't have enough memory. I did some googling, and the adobe website said to open the Version Cue item in the control panel. But there wasn't one. So I tried opening the Version Cue server from Illustrator, but that said an error had occured and been recorded in the log. Unfortunately it didn't tell you where the log was.

I couldn't see any Adobe version cue files anywhere on my PC where I would expect them to be, so I searched my C: drive for files containing 'Cue'. Eventually it found the folder with the version Cue program files in: C:/Program files (x86)/Common files/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS3/

I tried starting version cue manually from there, but it didn't work. I went on the Windows Services and tried to start Adobe Version Cue CS3 from there, but that didn't work either. I googled to try and see where Verson Cue saves its log files, but couldn't find the info anywhere. So I ran msConfig and ticked the service item and startup program entries for Version Cue. Then I restarted the PC.

After that when I double clicked the Version Cue in Illustrator, it opened a Version Cue page in Firefox. I had to fill in some info and go through the setup process, but it didn't ask about how much memory Version Cue could use anywhere. I checked all the options, but it didn't have a memory option. I checked in control panel, still no Version Cue CS3 listed.

So I restarted the PC again. Still Version Cue CS3 wasn't listed in the control panel. I googled about it and found a post that said to run 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\bin\VersionCueCS3.cpl'. So I ran that, and the contral panel loaded. So I increased the RAM to 1000, applied the settings and then tried loading the photoshop file in Illustrator again, but it still said there wasn't enough memory. So I opened the Version Cue control panel again, but the memory was set at 916MB and wouldn't let me set it any higher.

I googled but couldn't see anything about this, so I tried looking at the various config files, and after a bit found one that had the memory set to 916MB - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\config\StartupOptions.xml. I changed the memory setting to 4000, then loaded up the Version Cue control panel, but the memory was still set at 916MB.

I restarted the PC again, but the memory was still set at 916MB in the version cue control panel. I thought that maybe the control panel was broke, and the seting did work, just that the control panel can't display any more than 916MB. So I tried loading the Photoshop file in Illustrator again, but it still said not enough memory. So I disabled Version Cue again in msconfig, and I guess to do a version of the design in Illustrator I'll have to start all over again.

The weather today was mostly cloudy and overcast, though it was sunny and cloudy while me and Rad were walking, then was overcast (and a bit foggy) again by the time we got back home.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Frosties; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Cheese on toast; ½ Peppered ham sandwich; mandarin; slice of coffee cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Battered fish portion; peas; potatoes; mushrooms; salt; ground black pepper. Pudding was a slice of chocolate swiss roll with chocolate custard. Coffee.

No comments: