Wednesday 23 September 2009

Changing pog website url structure

I spent most of today changing my pog website so that the urls would end in .html rather than without a file extension. Why? Most websites use a structure where urls end in a file extension or a trailing slash. Some popular websites like certain pages on google, and all of wikipedia are an exception though.

Anyway, I asked about this on the web squeeze, and the recommendation from other users there (though I only got replies from 2 different people), was to end urls in a trailing slash or file extension, so I thought I best follow their advice. Also, in the server logs I found what looked like a real user (and also some spambots) who were automatically adding forward slashes on the end of my urls that didn't end with a file extension or forward slash. So I think that ending your urls in a forward slash or file extension should also make them more accessible.

In the afternoon I also went on Animal Crossing and did a Japanese lesson.

After dinner I went out on a walk and there was a really nice sunset, a large cloud with a textured underside got lit up really bright pink on the bottom after the sun had set. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

When I got back home I watched 'The Black Shield of Falworth' with Moccle and L. Then I did the same Japanese lesson that I'd already done earlier with Moccle, as he hadn't done it before, and I thought it might be helpful to do it again anyway.

The weather was a mixture of cloud and sun throughout the day, then ended with a really nice after sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Apple and Blackberry jam toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature yet mellow cheddar cheese sandwich; packet of Chilli flavour Doritos; Apple; plum; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Beef pie; green beans; carrots; potatoes. Pudding was a slice of Jamaica ginger cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.
Supper: Chocolate crinkle crunch cream biscuit; cup o' tea.

No comments: