Friday 18 September 2009

Finishing xsl stylesheet for sitemap

This morning I did some more work on the XSL Stylesheet for my sitemap.

I wanted to change the format of the date from the W3C DateTime format to a more human friendly format. I was hoping that I could use the XPath DateTime functions to format the date, but unfortunately these didn't work (at least in Firefox 3.0.14 on Ubuntu), I got a message saying it was an unsupported extension.

So instead I had to resort to string functions (mainly substring) to format the date.

Another problem I had today was that <xsl:import href="/path/to/stylesheet.xsl"> didn't work (at least in Firefox). Instead I had to use <xsl:include href="/path/to/stylesheet.xsl">.

Also in the morning I put the washing out and took a few caterpillar photos. After lunch I went on Animal Crossing, then did some more website stuff.

I did some Japanese, checked my email, and then tried to calibrate my pano setup using John Houghton's tutorial on finding the No Parallax Point (NPP).

After dinner I watched a video that was a featured download on Azuerus with Moccle and L about the 10th anniversary of the dreamcast. Then I did some more website stuff the rest of the evening, mostly reading about sphinx and also how it compares to other search engines (mainly Lucene).

I did a backup and checked dpreview, then went to bed.

The weather today started off cloudy, then gradually cleared, being sunny and cloudy most of the day. By sunset the cloud had all gone.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with iceberg lettuce sandwich; banana; Chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Beef burger with puszta, tomato ketchup, fajita spice mix, and grated mature cheddar cheese in a bun; Bowl of minestrone soup. Pudding was Jamaica ginger cake with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.

No comments: