Saturday 26 September 2009

Trying to do stuff

This morning I was trying to get Robogeo to install, but didn't have any luck. So I installed GeoSetter instead, which has similar features to RoboGeo, but is free. Previously when I had tried it, it had been very buggy and kept crashing, but the latest version that I installed today worked fine, and I geocoded a batch of images using the google maps functionality that GeoSetter has built in (RoboGeo uses Google Earth instead of Google Maps).

In the afternoon and a bit of the evening, I was trying to get some Korean and Japanese maps installed on my GPS and in Garmin Mapsource. Unfortunately my GPS doesn't have the Korean or Japanese languages installed, so all the road, place, etc names are garbled. The Korean map though, I couldn't get to install in Mapsource, and just got errors about 'Error E032 Layer 0 cannot be empty' or something similar.

I did find a Japanese map that seems to be in English, but it just has the roads and railways, and is missing all the info about restaurants, shops, etc. that the Japanese language map has on it.

In the evening I watched Star Trek: First Contact, which I thought was overall a good film and also had those skill trash bits you come to expect from Star Trek, (e.g. Marina Sirtis trying to act drunk), which made it even better.

The weather was overcast most of the day, though before sunset the sky cleared, so there was a nice (if quite plain and boring) sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with mustard and salad sandwich; 3x plums; satsuma; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Baked bean and sausage plait; mashed potatoes; baked beans; ground black pepper. Pudding was bread pud with custard. Coffee; Happy Hippo.

No comments: