Saturday 19 September 2009

Harborough Hoards and History day

This morning I started looking at affiliate ads I could put on my photo site. I noticed both Zenfolio and smugmug use commission junction. I tried to check if you can put both Amazon affiliate ads and Commission junction partner ads on the same page, but instead found lots of reviews on Amazon about how bad Commission Junction are.

I did some googling to see if there were any alternatives, and didn't find any. After that I did a bit more work on my website. I got a google custom search through my google AdSense account, and this seems to work far better than the google site search, despite being essentially the same thing (except that you also earn commission on the ads displayed). It's xhtml compatible at least (google site search I tried wasn't). I haven't tried loading the javascript it requires dynamically yet though.

After lunch I went on Animal Crossing for a bit, then me, Moccle, and L went down town. On the way there we saw Ethan (from Lost). When we got to the town square we saw some people dressed on Roman Legionnaires, then after that some Civil War re-enacters. They didn't re-enact the civil war, but were saying about the different attack and defense methods they used, the different weapons they had, etc. There was also a fight between a Parliamentarian and a Royalist, which was quite good. After that Moccle went to the Cashpoint and I saw someone with a T-shirt that said 'Hurley' on it!

Then we came back home, and I went in the garden for a bit and saw tiny little caterpillars that had just hatched out of a load of eggs on the washing line. They seemed to jump off the washing line and float through the air. I'm not sure if this is just because they were so small and light that they were carried on the wind, but I would guess they were hanging from super thin silken threads.

After that I started watching 'Speed Racer' with Moccle and L.

After dinner we finished watching Speed racer. It had a good twist in it, Racer X (who you thought was going to be Speed Racer's brother), is actually Matthew Fox, and me and Moccle didnae even notice it was him until L said it was Jack (which was as soon as he saw him). Also, the music was done by Michael Giacchino, who does the music for Lost. Another good twist was that E. Honda from Street Fighter the Movie is in it as a race commentator.

I went on my comp a bit, then went on Animal again and saw KK.

The weather started off overcast, then became sunny by mid morning, then became overcast again later in the afternoon.

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Mid-morning snack: Fox's Chocolate crunch biscuit; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with iceberg lettuce sandwich made with fresh bread-maker-made bread; ½ mature cheddar cheese sandwich made with fresh bread-maker-made bread; crust of fresh bread-maker-made bread with Apple and Blackberry jam; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x delee sausages; baked beans; mashed potatoes; brown sauce. Pudding was a couple of home grown grapes, sliced banana, butterscotch whip, and crumbled flake. Coffee; Oreo.
Supper: Shortbread finger; Gingernut; cup o' tea.

No comments: