Monday 28 September 2009

Still trying to get Shaz's old laptop setup

Today I was still trying to get the Garmin map programs working with my GPS on Shaz's old laptop. I installed Garmin Nroute on the laptop, which allows you to view realtime gps data on the map. I installed the Asian language pack for Windows XP on the laptop, and while Mapsource would display Kanji okay, Nroute just displayed garbled letters and characters instead of the Japanese.

Then I had another problem in that whenever I tried to export the Korea map from Mapsource, it would take absolutely ages and then say it an error had occured and it couldn't do it. Annoying.

Also, I did a virus check on my PC, which took a few hours. In the morning I wrote a very simple perl script that embeds the info from xmpsidecar files into the relevant jpg/nef/cr2 files (using exiftool), and then deletes the xmp sidecar files. And I took some photos of a moth.

In the evening I watched a raddish film 'Through the Olive trees' with Moccle.

The weather was overcast nearly all day, though there was a bit of sun for an hour or so in the afternoon.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine marmalade toast sandwich.
Lunch: Mature yet mellow cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich; 2x plums; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Slice of bacon quiche; potatoes; peas; ground black pepper. Pudding was a slice of the delee carrot cake that Moccle and L made yesterday.

No comments: