Sunday 26 October 2008

Macroing and getting peerguardian to work

The clocks went back last night, so got an extra hour's sleep. It was raining this morning, but it stopped before we had to go to Church so we didn't get wet. I wore my rabbit fur Ushanka as I thought it would be cold and windy like it was when it was raining and like it has been the rest of the week, but actually it wasn't very windy and wasn't very cold either.

Before Church and after church I played on De Blob. After dinner I went on the pinternet a bit and did a japanese lesson. Then I went in the garden and took some macros of a grasshopper that had climbed up on the wooden trellis a bit, a couple of craneflies and a flea beetle. There weren't many clouds in the sky by about 4.30pm, so I didn't think the sunset would be up to much, but actually it was very nice, a yellowy orange horizon blending into purple sky higher up.

After tea I watched a couple of episodes of Trashlactica, which lived up to its name. Then I went on my comp and found that the latest windows updates I'd installed had broken peerguardian, so I did some googling but didn't find any solutions that worked. So I uninstalled the windows updates I'd installed today 1 by 1 (which involves restarting the PC after each uninstallation) until it worked again. I think the update that breaks peerguardian is KB956841, although I'll need to restart my PC again to be sure that it's working properly and not just a fluke.

When I'd got peerguardian working I processed/sorted the pics I took today and added a few of the pics the weekly dpreview macro thread.

Food
Breakfast: Orange marmalade toast sandwich; orange juice.
After church snack: Home-made oat cookie; coffee.
Dinner: Lemon flavoured Couscous; 2x Bacon rashers; mixed veg. For pudding I had a slice of mandarin flan again. Coffee; Roses.
Tea: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich; mandarin; small fruit scone with butter; Rocky; cup o' tea.

No comments: