Wednesday 29 October 2008

Sunrise

This morning woke up at 2.30am. Went back to sleep, then woke up again at 3.30am. Went back to sleep, then woke up again at 4.30am. Went back to sleep, then got up at 5.40am. After having a shower etc. I went out to the field behind the houses over the road. The track alongside the field behind the houses was a bit icy, but still quite soft mud and the puddles weren't frozen. I got to the field before sunrise, but could have done with being there about 10 minutes earlier as the sky got less orange as the sun got nearer to the horizon.

I took a few shots of the sunrise, but they're not that good really. There weren't any clouds in the sky and nothing interesting in the foreground (just the frost covered field). After the sun had risen a bit I walked a bit further up the path at the side of the field, towards Harborough and there was a tree with leaves falling off it and lying on the ground. The leaves looked quite nice lit up by the low warm sun, so I took some photos of that I think they came out reasonably well. It was nice just standing there and listening to all the leaves falling down from the trees.

Looking at the photos with the tree in it, if I zoom in a lot to look at the sun, it looks like that might make quite a nice photo. So if I wake up early again and the conditions are similar to this morning I might go out with the 70-300 lens and try taking a photo like the zoomed in section.

After that I walked back down the path alongside the field in the direction of Lubenham and took a 360° pano. Unfortunately it seems my Aputure (yes, spelt like that) remote shutter release cable is broken, to make it work I had to stretch it out as far as I could (so I had to stand a bit away from the camera).

I came back home and had breakfast with Ben, then started work processing the images. I spent the rest of the morning processing the images and checking my email & hotukdeals while I waiting for images to process/save.

After lunch I worked on the 360° pano, and that took all afternoon. It was a 5 bracketed exposures image, and when I processed it I didn't like the exposure fusion results, so I had to process it again, using the default exposure fusion settings and it came out much better. It took ages to process each time, and then the PSB file took quite a while to open/save. While I was waiting I checked dpreview.

In the evening after dinner me, Ben and Mac watched the first episode of Lost, then Autumn watch. After that I submitted the photos of sunrise with the tree in them to the critique group on Flickr to see which one people thought was best and if they thought they were too dark or could suggest improvements to make. I also checked my email and hotukdeals again.

Food
Breakfast: Orange marmalade and Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; orange juice.
Lunch: Vegetable cup o' soup; 2 x slices of toast (to dip in the soup); satsuma; piece of chocolate cereal cake; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Noodles; pasta; 4x chicken nuggets. Pudding was 2x pieces of chocolate cereal cake. Coffee.

No comments: