Thursday 2 October 2008

Walk along the canal

This morning I checked my spleenmail, then went on a walk along the canal. I walked along the canal until it got near Great Bowden, then walked along the road towards Great Bowden, then went across the fields to the right, which came out near Robert Symthe School. Then I just walked down the road towards the town and back home from the town.

I checked the weather before I went out using weather.co.uk, which said it would be a bit cloudy (which it was) and rainy in the afternoon. It also gave the current temperature as 7°C (feeling like 4°C). When I started the walk I was wearing my jumper and thick coat, but by the time I got near the entrance (path) to the canal on Logan Crescent I was quite hot, so I took my coat off. Most of the rest of the walk I was a nice temperature, but when I was coming back through the town I was a bit too hot, I couldn't take my jumper off though since I didn't have another strap on my bag to carry it and my bag was full up of camera stuff. When I got home I checked the temperature on weather.co.uk again, and it said it was now 10°C (feels like 7°C), so it's not surprising I felt hotter. It was windy enough to blow trees and plants round quite a bit, but didn't feel very windy, certainly a lot less windy than yesterday.

I left for the walk at 9.45am and got back just before 12pm. After I got home I copied the pics I'd taken to my comp and drew a path of the walk on google earth because I'd forgotten to take the batteries for my gps with me. Also a few times I took some photos with wrong settings on the camera because I forgot to check/change them. Really I need a list of things to take/check when I go on a walk so I don't forget. By the time I'd finished drawing the path on Google earth it was lunch time.

After lunch I sorted and processed the pics that I took on the walk, and continued doing this into the evening.

Food
Breakfast: Lime marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: ¾ large cob with grated Mature cheddar cheese; red grapes; banana; small coconut tart; Time out (single); cup o' tea.
Dinner: ½ Beef pie; ⅛ Chicken & ham pie; roast potato; peas. Pudding: Home-made lemon swiss roll. Coffee; Roses.

No comments: