Friday 10 October 2008

Editing photos from yesterday's walk

This morning I installed the desktop Zinio e-book reader, but it's not very good really - if you zoom in to a view a page at 100% then try to move about the page by click and dragging, it's really slow and jumpy and maxes out one of the CPU cores. Also the search function isn't very good and you can't copy/paste text.

I did some searching to see if you can convert the .zno files to .pdf, but the only info I could find was to print the pages one by one to PDF, then merge all your pdfs into one file. I did export one set of pages to PDF, but they're exported as image files, so not great quality and you can't search the text, so I didn't bother converting to PDF since it would take a long time to do a whole magazine and I may well not actually read the magazine anyway (or if I did read it it would probably be sometime in the future when it's out of date).

Clare and Brian both went out today so I had to stay in and look after granny. I went on the pinternet a bit, checked deviantart, dpreview, redbubble, and my email. Also read a bit of the Layers magazine. It's a bit weird as it has photos with the titles of articles, and the photos have nothing to do with the article.

In the afternoon and evening I processed the pics from the walk yesterday. The weather was quite nice today, mainly blue skies with a bit of cloud.

Food
Breakfast: Blood Orange Marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Mature Cheddar Cheese sandwich; ½ honey sandwich; pear; caramel Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Pasta; Sudo Carbonara sauce; mixed veg; bacon; black pepper. Pudding was a slice of cherry madeira cake. Coffee.
Supper: Shortcake biscuit; shortbread finger; cup o' tea.

No comments: