Saturday 25 October 2008

mysqli still not working

When I woke up this morning the sky was covered in a thin layer of cloud and it was lit up orange by the sunrise, looked very nice. After breakfast I went in the garden to see if I could find any inactive flies to photograph. It was very cold, so I put my gloves on, but couldn't operate the camera very well with them on so I took them off. I didn't find any insects other than a shieldbug and a crane fly.

I took hold of the leaf the shieldbug was on so I could use John K's technique, but the shieldbug obviously wasn't holding on to the leaf very well as it just fell off into the soil below. I picked it up along with a dead leaf and some soil it was on and took a few quick snaps, then it hid under the dead leaf. I got a nice green leaf for it because I thought it might want to have a drink, but it just hid under that, so I left it be.

Then I took some photos of the cranefly, which was in the long grass around the pond. I copied the pics from yesterday and this morning to my comp and generated JPEGs. I checked my email, and then that mysqli was working on my website, but it still wasn't so I sent another message to evohosting. I sorted all the pics out and copied most of them to My Pictures, except a few that I wanted to try taking the same pics again as the ones I took weren't that good but I liked the concept.

I received a letter yesterday from Alliance & Pester to say that I need to pay £500 a month into my current account or else they'll charge me £5 a month. Alternatively I can downgrade to a standard (instead of Premier) current account. So I got out my Hi Save bank details and logged onto their website (yay, it's still working) and transferred £500 to my A&L current account. Then I'll just need to transfer the £500 back to the Hi Save account when it arrives in the A&L current account. I'll need to do this every month though, which is slightly annoying, but not as annoying as not earning any interest or paying £5 a month for my account. I setup email reminders to move the money to my A&L account and then another reminder a few days later to move the money back to the HiSave account.

I read the Sony Alpha A900 review, then it was lunch time. After lunch I caught up on the dpreview canon lens forums and read some photography articles on http://www.juzaphoto.com.

After dinner I finished watching Dune with Mac (we started watching it yesterday evening), then carried on reading the articles on http://www.juzaphoto.com while listening to Buckethead. I did a japanese lesson.

The weather was overcast all day, very windy and it rained a bit.

Food
Breakfast: Orange marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Chicken Tikka sandwich spread sandwich; packet of Chilli flavour Doritos; mandarin; slice of Jamaica ginger cake; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: 2x sausages; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was Mandarin flan. Coffee.
Supper: Hot chocolate; Double choc chip Fairtrade cookie.

No comments: