Saturday 4 October 2008

Webbing

After breakfast I went on the pinternet and listened to a bluegrass cover album of Metalica songs. After that I went in the garden to test out shooting macros with a stopped down reversed lens. I found that focusing was quite difficult, as (comparitively) lots of the image looks in focus, also the viewfinder was quite dark, although useable. This was on an overcast day though, if it was sunny or I had focus lamps on the camera it would probably be much better.

I stopped the pop-up flash from popping up too much by putting an elastic band round it and the bottom of the flash bit that sticks out above the lens mount. The flash was quite harsh, possibly may be able to be improved with some diffusion. The main problem I had was it was just too cold outside and froze my hands. September is normally (well the last 6 or 7 years anyway) one of the hottest months, but this year it seems to have gone by quickly with just a lot of cloud and overcast skies, just like the rest of the summer. It's annoying how when I was at work it was always boiling hot during the summer, but the last 2 summers when I've not been working it's been cloudy and rainy and cool. I expect if I get a job again the weather in the summer will go back to being hot and sunny.

After that I went on the pinternet and took some macros of a bit of rock and a conker.

In the afternoon and evening I did some work on my website, which turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.

In the evening I also watched Kung Fu Hustle with Mac, which was good, kind of like a non-stop action live action cartoon.

Food
Breakfast: Blood orange marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Pack of Chili flavour Doritos; Ham with mustard and crunchy salad sandwich; clementine; bits of home-made swiss roll sponge edge; chocolate digestive bar; cup o' tea; Roses.
Dinner: 2x Posh delee sausages; mashed potato; baked beans. Pudding was Chocolate whip with pear half. Coffee; Roses.

No comments: