Wednesday 15 October 2008

Pinternetting

This morning I went on the pinternet and also read a bit of the November 08 Shutterbug Magazine which arrived in my Zinio reader today.

I also heard back from Fotolia on the photos I submitted to them yesterday.

The following were rejected because the quality (which includes focus and composition) wasn't good enough:
  • Clothes hanging on washing line
  • Packet of pills with 4 popped out
  • Bottle of pills (Top down view Black BG)
  • Bottle of pills (Top down view White BG)
The following were rejected because they didn't think it was the type of photos their customers would be looking for:
  • Paint peeling off brown tiles (old cinema in Brighton)
  • Energy saving bulb in lampshade (reflection on black plastic sheet)
The following were rejected because they already have lots of similar images:
  • Pine panel (Ikea shelf)
  • worn wood panels (top of stool)
The following were accepted:
  • £10 note origami crane
  • Cappuchino/Mocca Froth
  • Bottle of pills spilling out
  • Pills spread out on black background
  • Pills/capsules on a lightbox
  • Falling pills
  • Coloured glues in glass jar
  • Coloured glues
  • Glitter glues
  • House Roofs
I am kind of surprised at the top down views of the bottle of pills being rejected since I thought those images were alright. So far I have submitted 24 images to Fotolia, of which 13 have been accepted, so about 50% acceptance rate at the moment. I have only sold 1 image so far, which was a large size and netted me about 50p.

Stockxpert have approved all the images I submitted yesterday apart from about 4 which are still awaiting approval. I haven't sold any images through them yet.

It's a plain grey sky today and rainy, similar weather to yesterday except it didn't rain so much yesterday.

After lunch I went on the pinternet a bit more and watched Vantage Point, which was reasonably good.

After dinner I watched 2 episodes of Prison break and an episode of The Office (US).

Food
Breakfast: Lemon marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: Ham with garden style salad sandwich; banana; slice of iced madeira layer cake; Wacko bar.
Dinner: Chicken and bacon pie; carrots; broccoli; potato. Pudding was golden syrup sponge with golden syrup and custard. Coffee.

No comments: