Friday 24 October 2008

Geotagging and renaming images from walks on Wednesday

This morning went on the pinternet and checked my spleenmail. I got a phonecall from Alliance & Pester to say my credit card because there had been some suspicious transactions on it, a £1 itunes US purchase and then some o2 phone credit, neither of which I had purchased. So my card is cancelled and they'll send me a new one. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the last few months. I like to think I'm quite careful with my card/bank details, so I don't know how the details are being obtained.

I went in the garden and there were quite a few flies around (looked like dung flies), so I thought I might as well try and take some photos of them. But when I brought my camera down to the garden they'd all gone. I did manage to find a couple more, but they both flew off when I got near them. Maybe in the short time it took me to get the camera it had warmed up enough for them to become active? It was about 11.30am, so was getting warmer (although still quite cold and windy).

I took a few pics of grass and stuff, then came back inside and checked my spleenmail again. I checked that mysqli was working properly on my website since evohosting were meant to fix it on 22nd October, but it still wasn't working, so I let them know.

After lunch I checked my email again and had received a reply from evohosting saying they had trouble with some other servers on Wednesday, and so couldn't do the work, but would be doing it tonight instead. At least that means they didn't do the work but still not get it working.

I geotagged all the photos from the 2 walks on Wednesday, and while they were being processed caught up on HotUKdeals (had nearly 50 pages of deal to go through, and that was just a few days worth!) Then added tags to all the pics from the afternoon walk so I would know that I used a polariser on them. Really I should have done that before sorting/processing them as I could have done all the pics in one go rather than having to go through all the different folders and add tags indivdually.

I started renaming all the JPEGs and folders from the 2 walks, then had dinner, and finished renaming them after dinner. Some of the filenames were too long, so I googled to see if there was anything I could do about that, but all I could find was that the max filename length is 255 chars, and it seems OSX and Linux have the same limitations.

I moved the folders to my Pictures, then did a backup. After that I helped Ben do some lego, then checked my email again.

Food
Breakfast: Orange marmalade toast sandwich; orange juice.
Lunch: Cheddar cheese sandwich; cherry tomatoes; a few beef flavour crisps; satsuma; slice of Jamaica ginger cake; Rocky; cup o' tea.
Dinner: Breaded Fish with spinach and Feta cheese; peas; potatoes; fish cake. Pudding was chocolate sponge with chocolate custard. Coffee; Roses.

No comments: