Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Day

I didn't get much sleep last night, although I went to bed about 11pm, I didn't get to sleep until after Brian had got back from the Midnight service, so maybe 1am. Then I woke up about 4.30am and it took me ages to get back to sleep again.

I got up about 8.30am, and only had time to have a wash etc. and breakfast, then had to leave immediately to go to Church. The Christmas Service is shared between the Methodist, Baptist, and whatever the other Church type is (not C of E or Catholic). This year the service was at the Methodist Church, which meant it was much more packed than normal since we had people from the two other Churches there.

On the way to and back from Church, the pavements were still quite icy (compacted snow), but weren't actually that slippy, and it was melting quite a bit.

After the service when we got home I made a cup of tea (since I hadn't had time to make a drink before we had to leave for Church), and checked my spleenmail. I started cutting out some Christmas Pogs in Photoshop, then it was dinner time.

After dinner I finished cutting out the Christmas Pogs in Photoshop, then updated the Pog website.

I needed to reply to a message on the Nginx mailing list, but couldn't remember how to do it. I looked back through my blog posts, and found the one where I mentioned replying to a mailing list before, but unfortunately I hadn't put any information on how to do it. Very annoying as I'm sure I remember writing down all the details and copying the various URLs of the websites that I used to work out how to do it.

Anyway, I re-found one of the resources I used before in working out how to reply to a threaded mailing list message: Threading: Message-ID, References, In-Reply-To. Luckily I didn't need to re-find how to add the References and In-Reply-To headers to Thunderbird, as they were already there.

When I had to reply to a threaded mailing list message before, the References and In-Reply-To headers didn't exist in Thunderbird, so I had to add them. I thought that since I had re-installed Vista, I would have to add them again, but obviously not. I would guess that Thunderbird 3 includes these headers by default, when Thunderbird 2 didn't. Either that, or the settings were backed up (and restored) along with the messages and mail accounts.

I did some more work on the pano I was working on yesterday (I noticed a couple of stitching errors that I didn't spot yesterday). Then I was wondering how best to setup a site config for the panos website, so after thinking about it for quite a while, I posted to TWS to try and get some advice.

The weather was mainly cloudy today, though it ended up with a pretty bald sky at sunset.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Choco Moons.
Dinner: Roast Chicken; Roast Parsnips; Potato Wedges; Potato; 2x Chipolata Sausages; Carrots; Stuffing; Gravy; Sprouts. Pudding was Christmas Pudding with Custard and Cream. Cup o' Tea.
Tea: Some Walkers Sensations Sweet Thai Chilli flavour Crisps; Slice of Christmas Cake; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: