Thursday 24 December 2009

Processing 1 pano

This morning I carried on adding control points near the Horizon to the images in PTGUI for the pano I started work on yesterday.

Then Lad said that I should wrap up my Christmas presents for everyone, so I did that. I started by doing McRad's pressie, which was my old bag, and I thought it would be good to wrap it up so that it was obvious what the present was. After doing that, I wrapped up the other presents in the same way, so it took quite a long time (as they mostly weren't boxed shaped).

Unfortunately Shaz's present and L's main present haven't arrived yet, so they won't get any present from me until after Christmas. Wrapping up the presents that I did have took me all morning.

After lunch I carried on working on the pano, and also checked my email. I went in the garden with Lad and Mauser as well, and we smashed the ice on the pond, which was about 2 inches thick (the ice and snow has been melting over the last couple of days).

Th rest of the day I was working on the pano, despite adding all those control points near the horizon, the images still didn't stitch together to create a correct horizon, so there was quite a bit of masking, copying, and warping to do.

I also went on the pinternet a bit, reading about processing panos etc. to try and find the best workflow. I found a photoshop plugin for patching the nadir, but for some reason it wouldn't 'reverse' the nadir patch back to equicrectangular - it just made the layer become empty. So I had to copy merged on the patched cube face, and then 'reverse' that back to equirectangular, and that worked okay.

I also looked for advice on whether to use cube faces or equirectangular for final output. Apparently you should use cube faces as it means each one can be loaded separately (reducing the time before the viewer sees an image load), and FPP converts equirectangular files to cube faces internally, so better to just give it cube faces. Hans Nyberg said that he is now using QTVR files with Flash.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry Jam Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Cheese on Toast; Sweet & Crunchy Salad; Apple; Banana; Chocolate Muffin; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Slice of Home-made Pizza; Chips; Peas; Salt; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was Glazed Lebkuchen. Coffee.

No comments: