Friday 18 December 2009

Not much

Despite the weather reports suggesting heavy snow overnight, I woke up to find there hadn't been any snow. But then about 10 minutes later I looked outside and it was snowing.

I read part of the Photoshelter SEO Cookbook, which said you shouldn't
Use the same caption for every image from the same set of images.
This was what I am doing at the moment, so I thought I should try and vary my descriptions a bit, so I spent quite a while editing some of the descriptions for my Silver Y Moth photos.

I also edited a couple of Silver Y Photos.

About 3pm I went out for a walk as the sky was looking like it might have a reasonable sunset. By the time I got out the door though, it looked like a solid grey sky. I thought I might as well carry on going though in case the clouds change again (though it didn't look likely), and even if the clouds didn't change at least I could see if where I was going would be a good place to take a photo if the weather is better a different day.

So I just went up Lubenham Hill. I did slip over once on a bit a road where the cars had compacted the snow, making it very slippy. It was also a bit slippy coming down the Hill even though no-one else had been down the footpath (and this is the footpath through the field). It did look quite nice though, so hopefully the weather will be nicer (and the snow will stay) another day (though it might get busy there if people decide to go sledging).

I created a quick video using photos of a Silver Y drinking honey, signed up to some video sites, and then uploaded it. I also uploaded the Silver y photos I processed today to the website and wrote a blog post about the Silver y for the photo website.

In the evening I also watched a couple of episodes of Uylesses and some Yoshielectron videos with L.

The weather was snowy most of the morning and in the afternoon until about 2.00pm, varying in the amount of snow falling. The snow settled initially, then didn't seem to get any deeper during the morning. In the afternoon it did seem to get a bit deeper, I would estimate a couple of centimetres.

Apparently Shaz said that they had about 6 inches of snow in Sussex yesterday evening.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine marmalade toast sandwich; cup o' tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on toasts; Sweet & Crunchy Salad; 2x Clementines; Caramel Rocky; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Breaded Fish Portion; Peas; Potatoes; Ground Black Pepper; Salt. Pudding was Rice Pudding with Strawberry Conserve (Jam). Coffee; 3x pieces of Sainsbury's Mint Creme Chocolate; 1x piece of Sainsbury's Truffle Chocolate.
Supper: Dark Chocolate Digestive; Shortbread Finger; Cup o' Tea.

No comments: