Thursday 22 April 2010

Backing up and uploading photos

This morning I started doing a backup, but it was going really slow, so I stopped it, and started it again, but it was still really slow. So I tried to use the 'safely remove hardware', but it didn't do anything. So I shut the PC down, but nothing happened.

I went on Mauser's PC for a bit and checked dpreview, where I read a bit about the Samyang 14mm/2.8 lens. I checked my PC, and it had now got as far as the 'Logging out' screen. I went on Maccy's PC a bit more, then checked my PC, but it was still on the same screen. A bit later my PC hadn't got any further, so I restarted.

I got the 'You didn't shut the PC down properly' screen, but chose to boot normally, however, the PC just reset partway through the loading process. So I chose to go into Safe Mode, then shut down. I removed the hot swap backup drive, booted into windows, and then put the drive back in again.

I started the backup again, and it was okay first of all, but then went really slow again after about 20 files. I went on Mauser's PC again as my PC was being really slow while the backup was going. I checked that AVG resident shield wasn't on (it wasn't) and that the drive and folders weren't being indexed by Windows (they weren't) in case these were causing the slowness.

I went on Mauser's comp a bit more and also went in the garden until the backup was done.

When the backup was done I started checking the metadata of the Korea day 2 photos, and then uploading them to my photo website, and running the script to update the photo website. This is what I did for most of the rest of the day (the checking of metadata, upload speed, and script running speed is quite slow).

I also went in the garden for a while in the afternoon, and saw a large wasp. There was also a few bees and a bee fly around, but they wouldn't stay still for me to get a photo of them.

In the evening I also watched an episode of Star Trek with Mauser and L, a bit of Toy Story 2, and some Youtube videos.

I also had some problems with my photo website, one which I fixed, and a couple of non-urgent ones, which I just put on my to-do list.

The weather today started off with a frost, then was sunny all day.

Food
Breakfast: Strawberry Jam Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: 2x Cheese on Toasts; Grapes; Satsuma; Bit of Pineapple; Rocky; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Eggy Bread with Bovril; Baked Beans; Sausage; Bacon. Pudding was a slice of Blackcurrant Cheesecake with a bit of Mackie's Ice cream. Coffee; Bit of Easter Egg; Piece of Galaxy Chocolate.

No comments: