Thursday 8 April 2010

Metadataring

I spent most of this morning trying to get the info for a description of one of my images. I managed to find a Korean website that had some info on the buildings in my photo, though as usual, the quality of the translation via Google Translate meant I didn't actually get much info from the article other than the building names and building/rebuilding dates.

The article did include the meaning of the building names, one of which Google Translated as complete hameul delighted. So I spent quite a while trying to find what hameul 함을 means. But despite my best efforts, I couldn't find out. Babelfish said it meant 'box', which doesn't make sense, but was the only translation I could find. Articles that used 함을 in them didn't seem to have any common thread where the word was used either.

I do love the way my UPS saves my PC from resetting whenever there's a sub-second power cut. (Happened just now, I checked Mauser's PC after my UPS buzzed, and found it had restarted, while my PC is still running fine.)

The rest of the day I was still researching and writing photo descriptions. I only got about 4 done in the whole day!

I also washed the bird table with L, and went in the garden for a bit and took a few macros of laybirds mating.

The weather was mainly sunny until sunset when it started to cloud over. Not sure if there was a sunset, as I can't see where the sun sets at this time of year, but I didn't see the clouds get lit up at all, so I'm guessing not.

Food
Breakfast: Blackcurrant Jam Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese Sandwich; Clementine; Slice of Genoa Cake; Slice of Home-made Chocolate Cake; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Chicken Pie; Peas; Carrots; Potato. Pudding was a slice of Home-made Chocolate Cake with Cream. Coffee; small Cadbury's Flake; some Easter Egg.

No comments: