Monday 12 April 2010

Photo Processing and metadataring

This morning I did some vacuuming, then tried to find out about a China Post prize draw. I had received a letter from China back in January I think, which had a code on the back for a prize draw, so I wanted to see if the code had won a prize. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about the prize draw on the pinternet.

Most of the rest of the day I was processing and adding metadata to some photos.

In the afternoon I also watched the Adobe CS5 launch video. The content aware fill and puppet warp in Photoshop CS5 looks like it might be useful. Photoshop CS5 also has a new HDR feature, complete with anti-ghosting tickbox for removing ghosting caused by movement, so if I get CS5 I might give HDR another chance.

The stuff they showed in Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver didn't look particularly exciting. Likewise Premier Pro, the guy doing the presentation on Premier Pro just seemed to keep going on about how the CS5 version is 64 bit. One good thing in CS5's video ability was intelligent rotoscoping. There didn't really seem to be anything worth shouting about on the Flash front either (they made a do about Flash Player 10.1, but that's free, and not a reason to shell out for CS5).

In the evening I also watched (with Mauser and L) an episode of Star Trek TNG and 'Strike', a political film based on true events about a strike in pre-communist Russia. I was surprised with the way it ended, but I guess that's because it was based on real events instead of just being pure propaganda.

The weather was overcast most of the day, then brightened up later in the afternoon. Possibly there may have been a nice sunset, but I can't see the horizon where the sun sets. It was quite windy today.

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of Asda Golden Balls Cereal; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Ham Sandwich; Clementine; Slice of Genoa; Rocky; Cup o' Tea; ½ Easter Egg.
Dinner: Pasta with Cheese Sauce; Ham; Parmesan; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was a Strawberry Muller Rice; Dark Chocolate Digestive; Shortbread Finger. Coffee.

No comments: