Saturday 3 April 2010

Photo Website Blogging

I spent most of today finishing writing the blog post(s) for my photo website about the first full day of our holiday in Korea, back in October last year.

In the afternoon I added the post to the website, and split it into 12 separate posts. I backdated them, so instead of having no posts for over a month and then 12 posts on one day, I now have a post every 3 days since my last post on the 26th of February.

After that I started going through all the new tags I'd added to these posts, and adding descriptions to the tags. I also had some problems with my web server processes being killed by my webhost again. Keeping an eye on PHP, it seems that each request from the Wordpress admin panel gradually increases the amount of memory PHP is using (I'm pretty sure PHP should release its memory when the script has finished running).

Although I think I've identified the problem, I don't know how to fix it. All I can do for the moment is manually keep an eye on the PHP process size by keep checking it every so often while I'm using the Wordpress Admin panel, and then kill the PHP child process that handles the requests when it gets too large (the parent PHP process will automatically spawn a new child).

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Breaded Ham with Dijon Mustard and Salad Sandwich; Banana; Slice of Sponge Cake with Strawberry Jam; Home-made Chocolate Pretzel; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Toad in the Hole; Dijon Mustard; Gravy; Potatoes; Broccoli; Cauliflower; Carrots. Pudding was Rice Pudding with Strawberry Jam. Coffee; 2x Smarties; Creme Egg.

No comments: