Tuesday 27 April 2010

Processing panos

This morning I finished uploading the Korea day 2 photos to my photo website, then started work processing the 2008 Welland Park panos that I wanted to work on yesterday.

The large majority of the panos were actually already processed, but my workflow has changed quite a bit since 2008, so I modified the existing panos to suit my current workflow. Previously I was using Pano2QTVR to remap the pano to cube faces, and then patching the nadir as a cube face, and then storing the final pano as cube faces.

But what I do now is to patch the nadir on the equirectangular image (or patch it as a cube face, then remap back to equirectangular), and store the final pano as an equirectangular. I also make more use of Local Contrast Enhancement and curves adjustments to boost colour and contrast than I did back in 2008.

In the afternoon I carried on working on the panos and also processed one that I hadn't done before. I started updating my panos website, then had dinner.

I also received my waving chairman mao pocket watch and a normal watch. The pocket watch I spent quite a while trying to work out how to set the time on it. But I couldn't find out how to do it, so I posted to the DX forum for the product.

I also spent quite a while trying to resize the normal watch. I found some instructions on the DX forum for the product, which said you had to resize it by knocking the little pins in the links out with a nail and hammer. Strangely this works, while just pushing on the pins with a nail (or similar object) doesn't move them at all.

After dinner I watched Star Trek TNG with Mauser and L, then carried on updating my panos website with the old Welland Park panos I'd been working on.

Food
Breakfast: Tangerine Marmalade Toast Sandwich; Cup o' Tea.
Lunch: Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese with Salad Sandwich; Baby Plum Tomato; Piece of Flapjack Clare made yesterday; Rocky; Cup o' Tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti; Mixed Veg; Cheese Sauce; Chicken Nuggets; Chilli Sauce; Ground Black Pepper. Pudding was a large slice of home-made Flapjack. Coffee; Bit of Easter Egg.

No comments: