Monday 7 May 2007

Boring Bank Holdiay Monday

Got up at 6.30am again. Ate breakfast etc. Wanted to watch CBeebies but sky was broke. The weather is raddish and cloudy and windy as well. Went on some photo websites and it started raining.

Looked at setting my site up to read from a database, but the TreeMenu system seems to allocate ids to its nodes automatically. This is okay except that I want to also generate the google maps markers and links dynamically, and they need to have the link to the same treemenu node id as the marker links to. If all the links for the treemenu were under one folder this would be okay, because you'd just need to sort both the treemenu and google map markers in the same order and then the ids would match up. But in treemenu I will have multiple folders (that's the point of it) and the folders are also assigned node ids. So say I had 2 folders with 50 links in each folder. The first 50 links will work okay. But link 51 on the google map would be assigned to the 2nd folder and every link after that would be assigned to the previous link.

What would be nice would be if the treemenu could get the node id from the database, rather than just starting at 0 and increasing the value, but I don't know how to do this. Looking at and thinking about it got too annoying so I helped Ben do some tidying of his room and tidied mine a bit and wrote this blog so far.

I also looked on ebay for long lenses, a Nikon 600 AF-S f/4 went for £1,765.00 + P&P! I think this is because it was a new seller with no feedback. They didn't look like a dodgy listing though. Hopefully when we move to Market Harborough I can be patient and get a good deal like that.

Dad suggested I remove all the passion flower plant from the Sky dish, so I did this and amazingly it fixed sky.

After being bored for a bit more we ate dinner. Then I cleared the table and did the washing up. Worked for a bit on a php / mysql tutorial, which I got working alright except the for the bit to upload information to the database. I'm not that bothered about that bit anyway since I can use PHPAdmin to update the database.

Went out for a walk cos I was bored to a cylinder.

Worked some more on PHP / MySQL, just with a blank document trying to write the same code that will need to be generated from the database for my website. Found out that on my website, the googlemap links linking to the nodes as is setup currently is making the link open in a new window as well as the same window. Played around with this for quite a while and eventually managed to Mr fix it (from Busy World of Richard Scarry).

Ate Dan's Diner.

Did some more work on PHP/MySQL and I think I have worked out how to get around the node numbering and folder problem. Mum suggested we go to Devil's Dyke cos Ben bought a kite from Tescos today he wanted to try out. The sun had come out a bit but it was also a bit cloudy and I thought if we were quick I might be able to get some nice sunset photos. So I drove mum and Ben up there and I took my photo stuff. I took a partial HDR (9 bracketed imgs) pano with my D200 & Tokina fisheye. I also tried using my cokin filter holder and filters with my Panasonic FZ5, unfortunately the Cokin Sunset filter was all smudgy and the camera kept focusing on the filter instead of the scene. I took a few shots, some with just Split ND filters but I don't think they will come out very well.

Came back home and Jon was actual-cheese on MSN!

Food
Breakfast: 2 x Orange Marmalade toast sandwiches, cup o' tea.
Morning snack: Nice Cream Biscuit, Tesco value shortbread finger, cup o' tea
Dinner: Beef Burger in Bun with salad and tomato ketchup, Minestrone soup in a mug, a nacho in cheese sauce stuff (only had 1 cos I didn't like it). Pudding was Mandarin & Orange Jelly Flan. Cup o' tea.
Tea: Ham with sweet and crunchy salad sandwich, cheddar cheese with sweet and crunchy salad sandwich, viennese whirl, 2 x pieces of Seaford fruit cake. Cup o' tea.

No comments: