Tuesday 22 May 2007

Still no hackintosh

Got up, cycled to work as weather was okay, still quite cloudy. Did work, made quite a few queries in Enterprise MRM. At lunch I checked the insanelymac forums and had had a few replies to my thread. Left work at 5.00pm. Got home at 5.55pm, watched storymakers while eating dinner with Ben.

Did washing up & made my sandwiches. Downloaded Daemon tools (I had to boot into Vista to do this as since I installed VMWare in Windows XP the internet hasn't worked in XP). Then restrted and booted into XP. Installed Daemontools (which invloves restarting the PC again). Then started VMWare, which I found actually has an option to use an ISO as a DVD drive anyway, so I didnae even need to download Daemon tools.

I got a bit further than before, it will boot from the image but gets to loading Generic PATA drivers and then has the famous 'waiting for root device' error. I rebooted into Vista and replied to my thread at InsanelyMac forums to say this.

Sad bad rad de pad dad managed to get his PC working (yesterday it wouldn't boot if USB devices were plugged in when you switched it on) and he also managed to get his old PC (now Ben's) working by using a hard drive with Win98 on it as the boot drive rather than my WinXP hard drive. Now he wants me to get the wifi working on Ben's so I will do that next.

I think I will start installing drivers etc. for Vista now, if I can get OSX to work hopefully it shouldn't involve formatting my whole PC again anyway.

Food
Breakfast: 2 x Strawberry jam toast sandwiches, cup o' tea
Lunch: 2 x Cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwiches, large slice of rich fruit cake.
Dinner: Pizza, salad with dressing, chips. Pudding was Carte d'or total squish nice ice cream. I also found a chocolate digestive bar in my lunch box that I forgot to eat at lunch time so I ate that. Coffee.

No comments: