Monday 21 May 2007

Cannae install OSX Jimbye

Got up, etc. It was grey and overcast and the weather forecast said heavy rain but it didnae look like it to me so I cycled to work. Got to work about 8.35am, did washing up. Answered the phones but I also got some real work done as well.





Left work at 5pm, didnae get wet and it only rained a little bit while I was work so weather forecast was accurate as usual.





Watched Storymakers while eating my dinner with Ben.





The new Power supply for Dad or Ben's PC had arrived and Dad had installed so he wanted me to help him try and setup his PC. He had moved my mobo and stuff into his old PC again, so I gave him the driver CDs and stood about for a bit while he installed them because he wanted me to stay there which was annoy-cheese because I wanted to try and install OSX on my PC. After that I started to burn the OSX DVD.



While it was buring I made my sandwiches for Tom Morrow. Then I tried to install OSX but got the same error as I did yesterday: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found I thought it might be because my motherboard uses a JMicron controller for IDE rather than a dedicated IDE driver so I created a copy of the OSX ISO and patched it with a JMicron patch I had already downloaded in anticipation of this problem. Burned that DVD. Rebooted and tried again - same problem.



So I connected up my HD from my old PC (which invloves disconnecting the DVD drive) and copied across VMWare that I downloaded age-cheese ago. I installed this and ran it, booted from the patched OSX DVD but still got the same error. I did some searching and apparently OSX doesnae like SATA drives. My motherboard isn't listed in the hardware compatibility list for OSX x86 10.4.8 either. So I think pobasquish I cannae install it. I have posted in a forum just in case but if this is correct then I have wasted loads of time and I will jsut go back to Vista by itself I think. I guess I should have checked the OSX hardware compatibility list before I bought the parts for my PC.

Bah pinternet just broke for ages and I didnae notice so when I pressed 'publish post' it didnae work and forgot loads of stuff I'd typed ANNOY CHEESE. At least the new autosave feature saved quite a bit.

Food
Breakfast: 2 x Strawberry Jam toasts, cup o' tea.
Lunch: Peppered ham sandwich, cheddar cheese with iceberg lettuce sandwich, grapes
Dinner: Ham quiche (or is it flan?), peas, potato. For Vladimir Putin I had 2 x slices rich fruit cake (Chrimbo cake). Coffee.
Evening snack: Choc chip cookie, nice cream, pretzel, coffee.

No comments: